Wage Based on Experience:
Senior TIG Welder-Fitter Technician
5+ years’ experience required
$27.00 - $30.00
TIG Welder-Fitter / Shop Technician
3-5 years’ experience required
$23.00 - $26.00
Junior TIG Welder-Fitter/Shop Technician
2 years’ experience required
$18.00 - $22.00
Status: Full-Time, Year-Round Employment (working on average 40 - 44 hours per week)
Tropics North is a division of Service Plus Aquatics Inc., specializing in indoor custom stainless steel water features. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is a rapidly-expanding, progressive corporation, devoted to providing exceptional service to the commercial recreational aquatic industry. Established in 1989, we are known for our leadership in design/build services, restoration and repair, and facility management, specializing in LEED design. Dedication, on-going training and a truly dynamic TEAM, combine to make this company an industry leader. Tropics North works cohesively with SPA Inc., towards the same goals and objectives. This partnership has yielded award-winning projects that can be seen and enjoyed across the greater GTA, with an expanse across Canada.
The Position: The scope of the position involves precision workmanship, as it pertains to custom stainless steel designs and water features.
The TIG Welder-Fitter/Shop Technician, will report directly to the Fabrications Division Manager, and execute projects as directed. This is a demanding role which may entail working outdoors in all types of inclement weather conditions, performing various tasks, and co-managing various projects that involve light/ moderate/heavy industrial work. In this role, you will be expected to support one or more of the following as required:
· TIG Welders: 60% shop / 40% installation;
· 60% Fabrication / 40% Welding;
· Knowledge of working with Stainless Steel – custom fabrication;
· Experience with light gauge materials;
· Application of brushed and mirror finishes on SS;
· Mechanical knowledge of process plumbing would be an additional asset;
· Major Work Area: New fabrication of SS Water Walls, SS Water features and SS/Glass Artwork, Structural and Misc. SS framework;
· Welding Techniques: *Primarily* TIG, Knowledge and experience in MIG, Brazing processes will be appreciated;
· Welding Positions: All position, flat and horizontal;
· Able to work with stainless steel- 316L/304L;
· Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (70 lbs);
· Interpret the design intent; operate manual or semi-automatic welding equipment; operate hoisting and lifting equipment; maintain and perform minor repairs both in shop/on-site;
· Read and interpret welding blueprints, drawings specifications, manuals and processes.
· The ability to see past the drawings to the finished product thus minimizing mistakes and rework;
· An imagination that takes your thinking "outside of the box". Familiarity with all shop equipment including specifically brake/shear/CNC mandrel bender.
· Canadian Citizen and/or possess applicable Work Visa & S.I.N. card
· Physically fit and able to handle heavy industrial work
· Proven HANDS ON experience in the layout, fitting, and welding of structural steel, pipe, plate, and sheet metal is a mandatory requirement;
· HANDS ON construction-based experience – tiling, cement, water-proofing, carpentry, etc., is considered an asset
· Ideal candidate must have experience in ‘store fixture merchandising’ (meaning: broad-spectrum knowledge of stainless steel, mild steel, glass, tiles, wood working, etc.).
· Specifically experienced at TIG welding applications, and able to ‘Stick Weld’, utilize shop tools, and working knowledge of automated shop technologies (i.e. water jet cutting, automated fabrication, etc.)
· Expert level of knowledge of all welding methods, procedures, and quality control – specializing in ‘finished stainless steel’.
· Experience with Hydraulic Iron Worker machinery.
· Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
· Must have own tools/equipment (ie. Steel-toed safety boots, Welding helmet, etc.)
· Working knowledge of all tools and equipment, ie: overhead cranes, saw, iron workers, shears, breaks, welding equipment
· Excellent customer service
· Excellent communication and listening skills (able to execute direct instructions)
· Excellent organizational and coordination skills, and attention to detail
· Technically inclined
· Flexible and adaptable, and able to champion a wide range of responsibilities
· An extremely reliable Team player.
· Ability to crisis manage, and problem solve effectively
· Able to take initiative and follow tasks through to completion with minimal supervision
· Must have a valid driver’s license & clean G driver’s abstract, and daily access to your own personal vehicle
· Must be willing to drive to project sites, upon request, for installations (noting that you are only ‘paid’ once you have arrived and start working on site, and you are not paid for your travel time to and from)
· Must be notoriously dependable
· No lay-offs & lots of hours
· Competitive Salary
· Coverage under our insurance and our WSIB
· Paid via direct deposit on a bi-weekly basis
· Non-unionized environment - opportunity for cross-training and advancement.
· Promote from within, and offer internal postings before we advertise.
· Use of company provided power tools
· Uniform allowances;
· Social events for both staff and their families.
· After the 3 month probationary period we offer paid O/T & Medical/Dental benefits; Referral bonuses.
· Strong opportunity for growth and advancement.
· Fantastic TEAM!
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME WITH SALARY EXPECTATIONS.
We want to thank you for your interest in the position, but due to the volume of resumes we receive, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Statement of Commitment: Service Plus Aquatics Inc. (SPA Inc.) is committed to providing a respectful, welcoming, accessible, and inclusive environment for all persons with disabilities in a way that is respectful of the dignity and independence of people with disabilities and in a manner which takes into account the person's disability and embodies the principles of integration and equal opportunity. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to becoming a barrier-free environment, and meeting the requirements of all existing legislation and its own policies and goals related to identifying, removing and preventing barriers to people with disabilities that might interfere with their ability to interact with our Firm. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. ensures that all persons within its community are aware of their rights and responsibilities to foster an accessible and inclusive environment with and for persons with disabilities. Service Plus Aquatics Inc. is committed to, and will strive to ensure that, the , its regulations, standards and all other relevant legislation concerning accessibility, are rigorously observed in a timely fashion.