Robotic Welding Specialist
To begin, our equipment has been in stored and now required, we need to boot up and begin the process of welding again. Responsible for troubleshooting & maintaining robotic welding cells, and/or related equipment, robot controllers. Evaluate strategic continuous improvements related to welding faults causing downtime, weld quality issues & scrap. Expand preventative maintenance by analyzing the consumption and wear of welding materials to lower maintenance costs and production downtime. Accurately collect, communicate, and analyze data from production processes. Work is directed towards minimizing downtime, improving throughput and insuring product quality in a safe environment. Work within interdisciplinary teams, or independently with minimal supervision as required. Maintain an organized, clean work area, and follow applicable maintenance schedules for equipment. Utilize established processes for material replenishment and time tracking. Stay current on technical revisions of the product. Conduct business in a respectful, professional manner.
- Training welding robot operators
- Assist Manufacturing Engineers for improving existing and implementing new: Tooling, welding and related process in order to increase productivity & quality while reducing re-work & scrap.
- Coordinating with Manufacturing Engineering, Health & Safety and Production departments to implement and maintain Robotic Welding Work Instructions and other welding related documentation.
- Maintain all welding related equipment e.g. robotic, projection & manual MIG welding, etc.
- Responsible for all welding and robotic programs, PM's and back up's.
- Assist in developing and maintaining all critical spares necessary for daily maintenance requirements on both new and current equipment. Communicate with toolroom for spare parts.
- Troubleshoot Robotic welding and rectify problems with weld issues.
- Program and troubleshoot robot controllers to ensure that quality standards are met.
- Perform preventative and scheduled maintenance on robots and automated welding machines in a timely manner.
- Make appropriate modification to both robotic and welding equipment to ensure a high level of running efficiency.
- Coordinating with Maintenance, provide input into the Development of preventative & predictive maintenance plans.
- Participate in department meetings and provide input and suggestions for improvement based on technical knowledge & lessons learned.
- Interact with other employees to exchange technical information to facilitate teamwork in troubleshooting and repair process.
- Responsible to protect own and all other coworkers health and safety by working in compliance with established safe work practices and procedures.
Knowledge and Education
- Welding Techniques and/or Robotic Technician Certificate is appreciated
Skills and Competencies
- ABB robot programming experience is required. Allen Bradley PanelViews
- Hands on ability to set-up, de-bug and program robots for welding applications.
- Experience with welding fixture design and application.
- Team leader experience would be an asset.
- Proven ability to train and coach operators.
- Experience with lean manufacturing processes.
- Passionate & enthusiastic individual.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- 5-10 years related experience.