JEBCO Industries Inc. is currently looking for a Welding Engineer to join our team.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes benefits and an opportunity to work for a growing company in Barrie!
The Welding Engineer is responsible for ensuring compliance with all welding codes, AWS, CWB, ASME, shop drawings, weld-maps and tolerances as specified in the quality assurance manual and customer documents. The incumbent will engage with the shop personal to ensure each member is given direction and instruction in weld preparation and welding requirements/techniques. This incumbent works closely with the Quality Assurance Manager.
- Oversee welding-related standards and specifications (CWB, ASME, TSSA) including audits and inspections
- Provide technical direction to welders responsible for all facets of welding (joining)
- Establish welding procedures to guide the welding department
- Complete Procedure Qualification Records (PQR)
- Ability to troubleshoot and be innovative in solving problems
- Follow the quality and safety systems operating procedures as they apply to this position
- Analyze work orders and blueprints to determine need for supplies and sequence of operations required
- Establish welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre and post heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints and complex post heating requirements.
- Direct the inspection of welded joints and testing to assure welds meet Q.A. standards; code requirements and customer job specifications
- Oversee the sub trades for inspections (U.T., X-Ray etc.) (As coordinated by project manager/VP Projects)
- Participate in quality improvement and cost reduction efforts
- Provide technical expertise to production team
- Responsible for review/checking the design & calculation for ASME Projects
- Inspect & ensure required steps for ASME UM requirements are adhered to (ASME cert. Individual)
- Incumbent is responsible for preparing WPS for CWB & Welder Qualifications
- Incumbent is responsible for adherence to API standards where applicable.
Maintenance and Quality
- Audit welders to ensure procedures are being adhered to
- Detects faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials
- Ensure high level of cleanliness for areas of accountability.
- Apply knowledge of welding and cutting techniques.
- Inspects work to maintain specified standards and quality
Education and Skills Required
- B.S. Science, Metallurgy or Welding
- Certified CWB Engineer
- Certified ASME Individual
- Certified Welding Supervisor CWB W.47.1
- Certified Welding Supervisor CWB W.47.2
- Certified Welding Inspector Level 2
- Knowledge and experience with CWB, AWS, API, TSSA and ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Codes
- SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, GTAW, SAW, Aluminum, application knowledge.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret materials such as blueprints, job drawing specifications, job task plans and manuals
- Sound knowledge of health and safety regulations applicable to welding operations
- Candidate should be able to work individually and in teams, be self-motivated, well organized, and able to prioritize work
- ASNT Level 2 for RT, UT, PT, MT
- CWI Level 2