We have a permanent opportunity for a Fabricator / installer to join our team in Hamilton, Ontario. We are an established Welding & Fabrication business with almost 40 years’ experience in the industry located in Southern Ontario.
Our shop is located on highway 6 north of highway 5. Our facility is less than a 30-minute commute from Burlington Hamilton, Grimsby, Kitchener/ Waterloo, Cambridge, Guelph and surrounding areas.
- Minimum 5 years experience with fitting & welding installation.
- Able to read & interpret blueprints.
- The required skills to install and construct metal fabrications with minimal supervision and a high degree of accuracy and safety at customer’s jobsites.
- Skilled in multiple welding processes primarily SMAW all position
- Mobile welding of crane repairs / structural buildings / heavy weldments
- Mechanical skills.
- Proficient in use of shears, brakes, ironworker, rolls, plasma, oxy-acetylene torch, and other fabrication equipment.
- Great communication skills—able to take and give instructions.
- Ability to work well independently and with a team.
- Versatility to work in a jobsite environment primarily, and as part of a shop crew periodically.
- Excellent time management skills including ability to quickly assess requirements and determine most efficient method of fabrication.
- First Aid / CPR (will be provided if not already possessed)
- G-license required.
- Forklift/Propane training.
- Overhead crane training.
- Fall arrest / working @ heights
Security and Safety:
- Driving records check (abstract) with no issues is required for this role
- Able to speak, read and write in English
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent full-time position.
- Standard 40 hour work week. Hours are 7:00AM – 3:30PM.
- Overtime required periodically as production and delivery schedules dictate.
- Competitive wages offered dependent on experience and knowledge.
- Benefit package available.
Please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org