Perform welding duties as per requirements.
Ensure that a heat #/lot #, metal size, job #/part # and welders initials are on every coil.
Perform cycle/minimum-maximum counts for metals as required by their supervisor.
To ensure a steady supply of metals for all lines; inform shift supervisor if there is any material shortage. Ensure all metal skids - full and partial - are properly identified, tagged and stored.
Assist the set-up teams by supplying metal to the line quickly and stringing the metal through the uncoils to the mill.
- Work closely with Q.A. department to ensure quality standards are met. Participate in the implementation and use of SPC in the department.
- Inform your supervisor, weekly, of all left over engineering/non standard size metals.
- Complete all required paperwork and submit it accordingly.
- Participate in the development of the system of continuous improvement in areas of quality and productivity.
- Protect the company's interest in respect to abuse or wilful damage of tool and equipment.
- Work shifts as requested by Management.
- Ensure compliance to QMS (TS16949), EMS (ISO14001), and security (PIP) requirements.
- Ensure, with the cooperation of other Co-Ex-Tec departments and Corporate that the division achieves and maintains the highest possible Customer rating for satisfaction; strive for zero defects in all areas of the business.
- Ensure enforcement of Customer Specific Requirements and Quality Management System (TS16949) without compromising either Co-Ex-Tec or its Customers.
- Ensure all company owned tools are properly stored away.
- Promote and comply with health, safety, and environmental standards, safe operating procedures, good housekeeping practices and the observance of protective equipment at all times.
- Attend authorized training in order to develop and/or maintain relevant job-related knowledge, techniques, skills, and/or certification.
- May be required to carry out job duties and responsibilities in a work environment that may include, but is not limited to, varying levels of noise and/or temperature.
- Any other reasonable duties requested by Management.